Hey everyone! Welcome to the Weekly YA News Round-up, the place where you can catch a lot of interesting new YA-related news — great for anyone who wants to get their news in one go.
So, August is halfway over, and in the past two weeks there’s been plenty of YA-related news that’s sure to please any good YA fan. I know it’s supposed to be a weekly round-up, but we’re cheating a bit since this is the first time, and so we’re looking at about two weeks’ worth of articles, lists, and news, instead of just a week’s worth. Which means plenty of stuff to read up on! From a young dance star planning to release a memoir and pen a few books, to the most anticipated YA books coming out soon, here are the things you might have missed out on – or want to revisit – in YA literature.
- Dance Star Maddie Ziegler is Releasing a Memoir and a Young Adult Novel Trilogy, by Lindsay Kimble, from People
- 10 New Teen Books for Adult Readers, by T.A. Maclagan, from BookBub Blog
- The Most Anticipated Children’s and YA Books of Fall 2016, from Publisher’s Weekly
- 7 LGBT YA Books Worth Checking Out, by Carina Santos, from CNN Philippines
- Review: New Young Adult books from Teresa Toten and others, by Shannon Ozirny, from the Globe and Mail
- Two Entertaining Young Adult Series, by Glenn Perrett, for Northumberland News
- Review of Influence by David R. Bernstein by Jenetta Penner
YA Literature and Society:
- YA fiction – is it a class act? by E.R. Murray, from the Irish Times
- YA fiction tackles social ills head-on, by Eleanor Black, from Stuff
- Transgender themes on the rise in teen fiction, by Jocelyn McClurg, from Winnipeg Free Press
- The new era of young adult literature, by Anuradha Sengupta, from Gulf News
That’s it for the first two weeks of August and the last few days of July! We’ll be back next week for more. Oh, and for the writers out there, don’t forget to submit your work for the “That Moment When…” YA anthology!